MACHU PICCHU BY BUS TOUR - 2 DAYS
- tour id TRCUS106
- ways to travel Guided tour, adventure
- activities Bus, Hiking
- group size 15 - 19 Max
- duration 2 days
- departures Daily departures
- Prices & Services
- Essential info
Our Machu Picchu By Bus Tour has become in recent years the best economic alternative to visit Machu Picchu.
The services included in our tour are the best in the market.
Visiting Machu Picchu by bus has become a very good alternative. The tour takes us through beautiful natural landscapes to then walk along a trail full of vegetation. And finally, visit the citadel of the Incas, Machu Picchu. But the most important thing is that the price and quality of the service are excellent. The tour has all the necessary elements for an optimal and unforgettable trip.
Our tourist transport service is organized all year round. However, we strongly recommend booking in advance. There are reasons why many people could not visit Machu Picchu, for example:
- Availability of seats.
- Availability of accommodation.
- Availability of entrance to Machu Picchu.
The bus ride through the mountains and valleys is exciting. Both the outward and return trip takes 7 hours. Most of the journey is paved road and the rest is trail. There is a certain mistrust of travelling by bus at first. However, our drivers are professionals and have traveled this route for many years. The walk from Hydroelectric to the town of Machu Picchu takes about 2.5 hours, both outward and return, is peaceful and full of vegetation.
Many travelers prefer this tour, especially Latin Americans, and the reasons are varied:
- Because it is mainly economic.
- It combines adventure and history.
- Meet beautiful places that many travelers will not.
- And above all for the quality and guarantee of Our service.
The climate of the city of Cusco in dry season is very cold. However, the town of Machu Picchu is humid and warm during the day, but at night it feels slightly cold. The rainy season begins in December and gradually increases until March. We recommend to take indispensable articles according to the season.
Recommendation: The best time to visit Machu Picchu by bus is between April and November. But you can also travel in rainy season with safe companies like ours.
- Wonderful geographical and natural landscapes.
- Excellent service in the whole tour.
- Excellent service at an affordable price.
- Guided visit in Machu Picchu.
- Unlike other tour operators, our service has been implemented to provide our passengers with a beautiful experience.
- Safe and reliable transportation.
- Reclining and comfortable seats.
- Electronic communication equipment.
- Hotel accommodation.
- Constant mechanical maintenance of the buses.
- Drivers with many years of experience.
- Fleet of modern buses.
- Pick-up and Drop-off hotel. Only for private service
- Bilingual professional guide.
- Bus transportation Cusco to Hidroelectrica, go and back.
- Entrance tickets for Machu Picchu.
- Bus up to Machu Picchu
- First-aid kit including emergency oxygen bottle.
- 2-star hotel accommodation.
- Raincoat. Only in the rainy season.
- Lunch first day.
- Water, energy drink.
What's not included
- Hidroelectrica to Machu Picchu town train.
- Hot springs entrances.
- Bus down to Machu Picchu town.
- Lunch or diner after the tour.
- Water or alcoholic beverages.
The meeting place is Regocijo square, located one block from Cusco's main square. The meeting time is at 07:00 AM. And the bus departure time is at 07:30 AM.
FIRST DAY : CUSCO - AGUAS CALIENTES TOWN
On our bus trip, the first stop is the town of Ollantaytambo, located 1 hour and 30 minutes from the city. The stop is obligatory, you will be able to provide yourself with articles for the trip and even things that you may have forgotten.
The bus trip is very interesting. The geography, climate, towns and people you will know along the way are aspects of the trip that many travelers will never do.
After 4 hours of travel the bus will stop in a small village where our staff will be waiting with a delicious and necessary lunch, this service is only available in the tour.
After a short break we will travel by bus for another 3 hours. We will pass through the most important villages on the route, Santa Maria and Santa Teresa, until we reach Hidroelectrica. The track is paved from the city of Cusco to the village of Santa Maria and from this village to Hidroelectrica is a dirt road.
Our bus station is located 5 - 10 minutes from Hidrolectrica. The hike to the town of Machu Picchu starts from here. It is soft and takes about 2 - 3 hours. The trail is next to the train tracks, it is a small and improved road made for travelers and local people, it is a beautiful place.
Upon arrival in the village, we head for the main square or train bridge. From any of these places you can go to your hotel using our map. The staff will be waiting for you.
Accommodation in a 2-star hotel.
Later our site guide will visit you at your hotel, to give you an informative talk about the next day's itinerary at a barbecue or vegetarian dinner.
SECOND DAY : MACHU PICCHU - CUSCO
The next day and with the instructions of our guide, it will be necessary to get up early to have breakfast and take the first bus to the citadel of Machu Picchu, remember that you can order breakfast to go. The hotel staff will assist you, if you so wish.
The bus station is easily located. The trip to the citadel of Machu Picchu takes 25 to 30 minutes. Remember to take our guide's instructions seriously, especially in high season, they will be very helpful and avoid any inconvenience.
Our guide will be waiting for you and the others at the entrance to the citadel.
In this two-day program, it is important that you carry a light backpack, only essential things. Before entering Machu Picchu, you can leave your backpack at the park's store, this service has an additional cost. When returning by bus to Cusco, we recommend visiting Machu Picchu until 11 - 11:30 AM. In this way, you can return to Hidrolectrica without speeding up the pace and have lunch.
Our transport will be waiting for you at our private station, the same one as on the previous day. The bus arrives to Cusco city around 09:30 PM. The place of disembarkation and end of our service is the San Francisco square, located one block from the main square of Cusco.
Restaurants and hotels are available until very late.
- 07:00 Hrs.
- 07:30 Hrs.
Departing from Cusco.
- 08:30 Hrs.
Stop in Ollantaytambo, here you can buy things you may have forgotten to pack.
- 14:30 Hrs.
Arrival to Hidroelectrica.
- 14:50 Hrs.
- 17:30 Hrs.
Arrival to Machu Picchu town.
First Day Timetable
|Meeting time||Departure time||Arrival time to Hidroelectrica||Arrival time to Machu Picchu town|
|07:00 AM.||07:30 AM.||02:30 PM.||05:30 PM.|
Second Day Timetable
|Hidroelectrica Meeting time||Departure time||Arrival time to Cusco|
|02:30 PM.||02:50 PM.||09:00 PM. Aprox.|
The briefing before the tour takes place in our office or if you wish in your hotel. It is usually at the passenger's hotel at an agreed time. As appropriate, we will contact you by the following means:
- WhatsApp (recommended).
- Phone call to your hotel.
If you wish to visit our office, please write us beforehand. Telephone numbers, emails, address and location of our office is in Contacts section.
Group Service - Group Size: 15 - 19 ppl. * Available all year around.
If you book any of our Machu Picchu by Bus tours
You get discounts on any of our tours in Cusco and Puno.
- Group (price per person)
- 02 - 05 paxs USD 160.00
- 06 - 09 paxs USD 150.00
- 10 - * paxs USD 140.00
- Minimum booking is 2 persons: Double - Matrimonial Room.
- Reservations for a single person are increased plus US10, due to room type.
PRIVATE SERVICE - SEDAN 3 SEATS
- Group (price per person)
- 01 pax USD 320.00
- 02 paxs USD 260.00
- 03 paxs USD 240.00
- Our sedan is wide, if you have a group of 4 people the price decreases.
ADDITIONAL SERVICES AND IMPROVEMENTS IN PRIVATE SERVICE
- Airport pick-up and hotel drop-off service. Flight information needed.
- Pre-Departure Briefing in our office or in your hotel, 1 or 2 days before the tour.
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off service.
- Water and energy drink.
- Waterproof jacket/rain poncho.
RETURNING BY TRAIN
We recommend returning by train to the city of Cusco in the following cases:
- If you visit the Mountain Huayna Picchu or Machu Picchu.
- If you are tired or do not want to return by bus.
It is very important to reserve as much time in advance the entrance tickets to any of the mountains.
Upon returning by train to Cusco, you will have more time to explore and enjoy your visit to Machu Picchu. The town of Machu Picchu offers some places of tourist interest that you can visit until the departure time of your train, the craft market and the site museum are some of them. And for lunch, the town has a huge number of restaurants and types of food to choose from.
* Our service includes the bus up to the park of Machu Picchu, but does not include the bus back to the town. You can book it with us or buy it yourself in Cusco or in the town.
If you wish to return by train, activate the Return to Cusco by Train option in our reservation form. The price will be increased by USD 90.00 per person (includes transfer bus), and for any of the mountains USD 20.00 per person.
The return trip to the city of Cusco is carried out in the following way:
- The train departs from the town of Machu Picchu around 06:30 PM.
- The train arrives at the town of Ollantaytambo after 1 hour and 45 minutes.
- Our staff waits at the door of the Ollantaytambo train station for our passengers and helps them board the bus.
- The bus ride from the town to the city of Cusco takes about 1 hour and 30 minutes.
- You will be arriving in Cusco around 10:00 PM.
- Our service ends at San Francisco Square, one block away from Cusco's main square.
Our sedan transport is spacious and very comfortable for three people. However, 4 passengers is possible. If you have a group of 4 people write us by WhatsApp or email for a quote.
WHAT YOU NEED TO CARRY ON THE TOUR
- Original passport and if you are student, ISIC card. Control point of Machu Picchu will require both documents.
- A light day pack to carry your things.
- Water and some snack.
- Hat, sunscreen and sunglasses.
- Pills for altitude sickness "Soroche Pills".
- Personal medicine.
- Rainwear: raincoat, rain pants. Necessary in rainy season.
- Extra money in local currency, it's very important.
- Swimwear for hot springs, this is optional.
- Head flashlight, this is only in case we get to town late for any reason.
- Camera, cell phone, spare batteries and charger.
- Warm clothing.
HOW TO BOOK OUR TOUR
- Our booking form is on the right side.
- We require 50% deposit by PayPal.
- Balance, It could be greatly appreciated if you pay cash at your briefing time in your hotel, US dollars or Peruvian Sol. There're many cash machines in the historical center to withdraw money. PayPal is another option too.
- PayPal fees, 8% per transaction.
- Cancellation Policy:
* Cancellation of a Tour within one week of departure date will incur a loss of 100% of the total tour cost.
* Deposits are non-refundable should you cancel.
- Modifications to your Booking:
* Any modifications to the original booking must be confirmed in writing via email. Any costs or charges, which we incur or which are incurred or levied by our service providers as a result of the modification, will be charged to the passenger. Whilst every reasonable effort will be made to accommodate changes and additional requests, availability cannot be guaranteed.