MACHU PICCHU TICKETS
Entrance tickets to Machu Picchu
For many visitors traveling to Peru or South America, visit the lost city of Machu Picchu is the best part of their trip. Machu Picchu has a spectacular location and is the most known archaeological site on the continent. This ancient Inca sanctuary was never revealed to the Spanish and was virtually forgotten until the early years 20th century.
Dangers & annoyances
Inside the ruins, donít walk on any of the walls, this loosens the stonework and prompts an cacophony of whistle-blowing from the guards. Trying to spend the night is also illegal and guards do a thorough check of the site before it closes.
Getting there & away
There are only two options to get to Machu Picchu: trekking or catch the train to Aguas Calientes.
From the village of Aguas Calientes buses depart every 10 minutes to the Sanctuary of Machu Picchu, the distance from the village to the sanctuary is 8 kilometers, the price of the bus is $19.5 USD (round trip). There are extra buses to meet the demand of passengers when trains arrive at the village. The buses work from 5:30 am until approximately 5:30 pm.
Another way to reach to the Sanctuary is walking, is a 20 minute ride to Puente Ruinas, then cross the Urubamba river, near the place is the museum, then will begin a climb of 2 kilometers, the road is incredibly steep, probably the rise will take 1 hour (time is less to down).
And to return to Cusco you can do It by train or by bus. If you donít have private transport to return to Cusco I recommend return by train, because return to Cusco by bus is hard and complicated. Many travel agencies carry many tourists in a small transport and the travel to Machu Picchu is hot and with many hours, I hope you understand me.
Among the options to visit the Inca city of Machu Picchu is Huayna Picchu, this place is subject to space availability, only 500 people can visit daily this spectacular mountain.
Only 2500 people can visit Machu Picchu daily.
How to book?
We just need 3 things:
- First: To know the date of your visit.
- Second: Your passports scanned.
- Third: The payment in advance.
After making your payment we will send you your e-ticket and receipt to print them. Our method of payment is by Paypal (safe and quicly). Please send us your booking or questions to email@example.com
|Price per person and per entrance ticket|
Price on this site
(at current exchange rate)
|MP||Price for Machu Picchu only|
|MP+WP||Price for Machu Picchu and Wayna Picchu|
|Tourist, adult rate||MP||128 soles||US$ 50||US$ 10||US$ 60|
|MP+WP||152 soles||US$ 60||US$ 12||US$ 72|
|Tourist, student rate||MP||65 soles||US$ 25||US$ 10||US$ 35|
|MP+WP||76 soles||US$ 30||US$ 12||US$ 42|
|Peruvian and resident, adult rate||MP||65 soles||US$ 25||US$ 10||US$ 25|
|MP+WP||91 soles||US$ 35||US$ 12||US$ 47|
|Peruvian and resident, student rate
Child from 7 to 17 years old
|MP||65 soles||US$ 25||US$ 10||US$ 35|
|MP+WP||91 soles||US$ 35||US$ 12||US$ 47|
|Children under 7 years old||free||free||-||free|
Since July 15th, 2011 and by ministerial decision, the entrance and the visit of Wayna Picchu has a cost. This entrance cannot be sold separately and you must decide when you purchase online if you want to visit only Machu Picchu or Machu Picchu and Wayna Picchu. No changes (addition or cancellation of the entrance to Wayna Picchu) are possible after the purchase has been made.
- Prices are indicated in American dollars.
- The Official price is the price as it is sold by Peruvian Authorities (General Direction of Culture) to private persons and to Agencies.
- The fees correspond to credit card payment fees, working fees of our Agency and added-value services such as the delivery of the tickets to your hotel in Cusco.
- The Price on this site is the publised price, all taxes included and credit card payment fees included.
- Children under 7 years old, accompanied by an adult, don't pay the entrance.
- The Peruvian Government does apply discounts for student tourists with ISIC card or for Peruvians and residents with ISIC card or with university card. None other discount is granted for any category (such as senior, group, handicap and so on).
- Entrance ticket to Machu Picchu, valid for 1 person and for 1 day.
- If purchased, entrance ticket to Wayna Picchu, valid for 1 person and for 1 day.
- Credit card payment fees.
- All applicable taxes.
- Any kind of transportation.
- Guide or assistance for the visit of Machu Picchu.
- Meals or drinks.
- Personal expenses and tips.
- Personal phone calls.
- Cancellation insurance and travel insurance.
- In general, any thing that is not listed in the inclusions.